Tuesday, March 10, 2009

..And Success in Art as Well!

Last night I played solo at Anna Bannanas, which I haven't done in front of a real crowd since Edinburgh. Although many found my stuff cute and enjoyable, I often heard comments like "she can't hold a guitar," etc. Last night, though, I got a TON of positive feedback! Everyone seemed to love my voice, Davey wanted to jam with me, Chris wanted to jam with me, and a lady said I could even have a "career" in folk! I was so happy and fulfilled. I played "Game of Chess," "Video Blue" and "Not for all my little words." I wanted to play my new song, "Two Vipers," but I haven't quite worked it all out. I guess I just don't feel right unless i'm playing music in some way... but once I do, I really feel amazing and alive. To make everything better, Alec, Chris, and even Ali came out to see me, so I feel better about Asterisk too! Hooray!

No comments: