Sunday, November 30, 2008

MENOMENA!!!!

At last, a show in Honolulu that made it worth the 20 dolla.
Fantastic!
Every song was magical, their syllables rolled off tounges sparlking with electricity and yet complete groundedness in the sound that each was creating.
I loved "Friend and Foe," but live it truly was a different experience.
Each song seemed to be full of new meaning, especially "Boyscout'n" which nearly made me break down and cry. The keyboards got turned up to make each lovely note shine harder. I love the lyrics to that song more than any other, and understand the Judas Iscariot imagry mixed with any old feeling of betrayal, whether it be by one's government, or one's best friend.
Maybe the true meaning is all of these mixed together.
All my friends were there and we gathered in a giant ball at the stage- Ryan, Allison, and Matt especially jumping along beside me.
I felt a part of something.
This is the power of music, and I don't care if its a hideous cliche.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with this band; I haven't heard anything since Radiohead that was this amazing. They just played Portland last week and it was spectacular. They are currently recording a new album which should be out early to mid 2009. Also check out Danny Siem's solo project Lackthereof and his suprisingly amazing back catalog on last.fm. Seems Brent Knopf might also be working on a project.

This is some video I shot in Portland, Oahu in HD:
http://www.vimeo.com/2360006