Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Physician, Heal Thyself!!

Wow.
Just.... wow.
It has been a truly crazy month.
So those of you that know me know that I've been struggling with my health, trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with my kidneys/urology system.
Turns out I finally know what it is... I have an autoimmune disorder!
It seems that more and more people are getting them these days ;)
The amazing thing is, that due to the stress of moving + grad school, I got a really bad case and it explains just about everything that's happened to me, why I've been in hospital, and why I haven't been up to see all of you lovely Honolulu folk.
The amazing thing, all I had to do was change my diet. This past week I have been in no pain whatsoever. I cut out caffeine, citrus fruits, alchohol, tobacco, and anything acidic. I started taking supplements such as calcium citrate and magnesium. Within a week my symptoms have gone down to zero.
I think sometimes I just need to listen to my body. I'm a bit of a stubborn type, and like to think I can make this vessel do whatver I want, like some sort of robot. But sometimes it reminds me that its not invincible.
Strange getting older, isn't it??
In other news, school is going very well and I've passed two midterms. Musically NightMare Drum Song needs more shows... so add us please! www.myspace.com/nightmaredrumsong.
Last night I watched a John Cassavetes film called 'Woman under the Influence.' I think it is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen. Afterwards I went to Bar 39 to see Eyes and Ears. The whole band came out and we danced. It was so good to be surrounded by friends and film and music... makes me realize that more socializing and less stressing will be wonderful for me... minus the booze of course ;)
Shoots.

1 comment:

Caroline@ToffleCraft said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you've managed to find a way to make yourself feel a bit better. Keep up the excellent work!

*hugs*
Caroline xx