Monday, November 6, 2017

Reflections Upon Moving...


Real talk. Endings and beginnings. 2017 has shaken me out of my comfort zone and I feel like I'm growing as a person and artist. Not easy, but rewarding as hell. I am living in a new city and a new home that is beautiful and also needs care in a way that my Oakland studio did not. I start my new job on Wednesday; it involves a lot of neuropsychology,as well as music, and I expect that it will be challenging and rewarding. I am feeling inspired by Yelle and hope that I can make BirdofParadise into a 'band' this year with other electronic producers and artists. My time in Dire Wolves was very rewarding and has helped me to move forward confidently as a singer/keyboardist. I think I was waiting for a project that would have me become more confident and playful on stage, and experimenting with jams with great people did just that. I can't wait to hear the new record; which I played keys on! I continue on the path of 'adulting' as best as I can although I still face challenges and areas for growth that I have not worked through in the past. In all aspects of life I want to work on: listening more, talking less, being patient, and being more mindful. I want to continue being a better musician, and also to keep being a better and more supportive friend, family member and companion to those close to me.