Friday, August 19, 2011

Last Behaviorists show....

So my good friend Susan Lin and I had been playing together in a little project known as The Behaviorists. (http://thebehaviorists.bandcamp.com) It was lovely to have another psychologist in a band with me, and we played a lot of shows together. Last night was our last show as a band. Looking back on the project I feel a great fondness for what we had been through together. We'd played with Julia, Margot, Richard (another psychologist), Hilary, and finally Ahnate. We'd see so many people come and go, including Jake Aesthete who recorded our EP, which is still hanging around at the KTUH station!
Still, even the best projects have to end sometime, and as the new school year begins I know I have to focus on my PhD. Susan does too, as she gears up for internship. Still, it's amazing that I had the opportunity to play shows in Hawaii with my own material. I'm proud of myself for being so brave and showcasing my talent without hiding behind any real 'effects' to speak of.
Still, in the next project to come (The Radge) my goal is to learn Ableton!
Wish me luck!

No comments: