Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Difficult Turn of Events...

Unfortunatly, the organization I work for cannot support part time GRA-ships anymore. I was promised to work for them for four years, and I only got to do one. In addition, my advisor wants me to change over before next year to a different one, because he is going to lose his job too :(
Thankfully, I will still be working at Hawaii State Hospital, albeit for free. Also, they gave me a few months' notice. I had to take out a great deal of loan money to cover my non-resident tuition. My idea of going through school without debts now seems pretty ridiculous. I love UH's program but I am worried about having to change advisors mid-year, and all of the drama of finding funding. This is the reality of grad school... one day at a time.

No comments: