Friday, May 1, 2009

Assesment + Rachael =FAIL.

Aloha all,

It's been a while. So the conference went well... some liked my poster, some didn't. In any case, all agreed that the work was good. What I didn't realize was how badly I could get behind due to a conference. I got really behind in the one thing I really needed to focus on in our 'super-research-yay!' program... Assessment.
Now I have no problem with certain types of Assesment... the WMS-III, the WAIS-IV, the SCID (which I particularly love)... but I have problems with the godamn MMPI.
Why should personality disorders be categorical anyway?? Everyone with a brain agrees they should be dimensional, with the five factor model of traits... hopefully DSM-V will be better.
However, I blew an entire interview because I didn't study the MMPI. Now I will not be working at Hawaii State Hospital.
AND I blew an entire draft of a psychological report because I reported the 'raw scores' instead of the 'T scores.'
MMPI, why must you be the death of me??
I hope this semester ends soon... and that I somehow master the fine of art of assesment.

XXXADHDJXXX

No comments: